The magazines and publications I’ve written for include American Fitness, Succeed, Pacific Yachting, Faith Today, Illustrator Techniques, Layers, Family Tree, and the Journal of Mass Media Ethics. I’ve also been a contributing editor at Creative Pro and a writer for iStockPhoto.
Besides freelance writing, I’ve also designed websites and other promotional media for various clients for the past 16 years; examples of clients include a golf course, a surf shop, and various photographers.
I’ve also worked at various media and companies:
- Webmaster and Advertising Layout Specialist at a regional newspaper
- Webmaster and Technology Librarian at a city library system
- Internet Development Director at an award-winning advertising design firm
- Managing Editor at two graphic design magazines
As a university professor, I’ve taught digital journalism and graphic design classes, including Writing for Digital Media, International Photojournalism, Photography, Magazine Design and Production, Writing for the Mass Media, Digital Layout and Design, Media Ethics, Web Page Design, Advanced Digital Imaging, Advanced Digital Reporting, and Communication Seminar.
I hold the following degrees:
- B.A. in Communication from Southeastern University
- M.A. in Journalism and Media Studies from the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg
- Ph.D. in Communication from Regent University
I love teaching and guiding students in the areas of written and visual communication.
Comments ( 0 )